KAVISHA MAZZELLA A.M.
AWARD WINNING SINGER SONGWRITER, CHOIR LEADER and SOUNDHEALER
Aria award winner, songbird and folkloric explorer Kavisha's original song's lyrical ingredients include humour, poetry, social justice and the spiritual. Combine this prowess with the voice of an angel and you have the experience of a Kavisha concert. Singing in English, Italian and other languages, she will take you on an uplifting boundary riding journey of well-crafted stories and songs ringing with echoes of Celtic, Fado and Gypsy influences that will strike a resounding chord within. In 2011 she was awarded an Australia Day Honour for services to music and community.
To keep in touch please join my FACE BOOK GROUP .
Yours In solidarity,Thankyou for your kind support. LOVE Kavisha
Kavisha at Denmark Festival of Voices Photo © Nic Duncan 2021
KAVISHA GIGS 2022
SHENPEN SOUNDHEALING with Kavisha
Shenpen means of benefit to all in Tibetan language
GROUP SOUNDHEALING on MONDAYS
Monday 5th DEC
Monday 19th DEC
5 places pre session
at Odiyana Buddhist Centre 11 Henrietta St Hawthorn 3122
Please book via text 0412893355
NEW!!! HEARTHSONG Virtual CHOIR
Short Course from NOV 30th-DEC 21st 2022
Join me on Wednesdays 1pm-2.30 pm via ZOOM
To sing Sacred songs and Chants from Wisdom Traditions of the world and discover inner peace from singing these heartconnected chants and songs .
We will be singing then sharing . There is a limit to 20 people which allows for a positive experience .
Session are $18 a one off session or $60 for 4 sessions BUY SESSIONS NOW
WED 30th NOV 1-2.30pm
WED 7th DEC 1-2.30pm
WED 14th DEC 1-2.30pm
WED 21th DEC 1-2.30pm
CRESFEST Creswick VICTORIA March 31st -April 2nd BOOK HERE
NATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL CANBERRA ACT April 4th-7th 2023 BOOK HERE
SACRED EDGE FESTIVAL Arts and Activism Festival MAY 7-9th 2023 QUEENSCLIFFE VIC SEE HERE
SINGING in Villa Corsano, Tuscany ITALY in 2015 with the first Cantiamo Choral Tour !
HEARTLPLACE CHOIR FREMANTLE WA 2021
KAVISHA'S LATEST ALBUM -
EMPTY SKY Sacred Songs and Chants
In SEPT 2018 Kavisha recorded these songs with veteran world musician Nicolas Lyon in Malmesbury .By March 2019 only 6 months later, it was ready for the world but it was in lockdown so they never had a chance to launch it properly .However a few lucky friends got copies and many say it got them through the lockdown . The songs include a soulful version of Jarek Czechowicz's "Love, I call Your Name ", a reworking of the popular "Magnificence" by Peter Makena, my original melodies to traditional wisdom texts the Gayatri Mantra, Heart Sutra, Om Mani Padmi Hum, and the words of the mystic poets such as Kabir and Saint Francis. Finally ending with a rallying call for Mother Earth responding to a talk by Eco-Theologian Matthew Fox who I met at the Common Dreams Conference in Sydney in 2019.
EMPTY SKY Reviews 2020
"What a beautiful CD it is! Especially in these distressing times, it has provided a calming and uplifting mood when it was most needed. THANK YOU." Jeannie Marsh- Melbourne singer and choir leader
"What it is ..is it calms me and makes me feel grounded and secure and it talks to a part of me which is beyond words .There's something about being from different traditions on one album that makes it absorbing. It touches different emotions from lament to uplift " Padma Locana ,Yoga teacher Melbourne March 2020
REVIEW by ROBBIE GREIG
"Empty Sky is a departure from Kavisha’s usual storytelling style of songwriting. In this her latest album she is a spiritual wayfarer, a seeker after mystical truth as expressed in both Eastern and European religions. Empty Sky is a pilgrimage to places in the world and in the mind where the sacred is still honoured.
Through a selection of prayers, kirtans, chants, devotional poetry and songs of praise, Kavisha weaves a spell of beauty and tranquility. Flowing along like a gentle river, hypnotic, repetitive, timeless, it’s no surprise that that the album is intended as an aid to meditation and relaxation. But it is Kavisha’s unique vocal qualities that are front and centre of this musical journey. From the first note, her voice grabs you and holds you captive right through to the end.
There is a naturalness and intimacy about the delivery that highlights the essential warmth and richness of her voice. In a suitably understated way, the string-based instrumental accompaniment provided by Kavisha and Nicholas Lyon does everything to support and highlight the fine vocals.With Empty Sky Kavisha has offered us the gift of love and peace in troubled times. "
Robbie Greig Melbourne Singer Songwriter ,mentor and music teacher. March 2020
"Like all great artists, you bring so much joy into peoples' lives and make it possible for them to get out of their noise ... and ... rest with their feelings ... that's a teacherless teaching. "Robert
"What an absolutely fabulous performance you spoilt us with!! Thank you." Margot Leake, Albany Entertainment Centre WA
"Just wanted to say a heart felt thank you for the wonderful workshop and concert at Woy Woy last week. It was such fun - the Seven Hundred Rolls song is truly fabulous. You not only sing like an angel, you know how to get other people to sing. What a gift. " Grace - workshop participant
"I have seen Kavisha concerts for years and have her Dvd's so when I heard she had a choir it seemed the one to try. It has met my expectations being an informal fun class but we do learn. My son- in- law mentioned my singing round the house has improved ! You can change anyrhing you want!!!!" Ange Choir member
"Your beautiful warm heart, music and songs were the perfect antidote for us here in Melbourne at present when we are in the midst of so much doom and gloom.The feedback from all the singers has been overwhelmingly positive and grateful for your sessions - and we can't thank you enough!" Jonathon Welch AM ( Choir Of Hard Knocks Founder) Melbourne International Singers Festival
"Mazzella’s voice has an edge of drama even at its softest, and when she really sings out it can be storming or exultant"
REVIEW of The Fearless Note by John Shand , Sydney Morning Herald
$20 plus $8 postage for 1 CD paypal.me/mazzellamusic
Please write to Mazzella Music 11 Henrietta St Hawthorn VIC 3122
or email kavisha(at)kavisha.com
- EMPTY SKY sacred songs and chants CDS and also digitally on Bandcamp
- The Fearless Note (2017) also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Riturnella (2014 ) Italian folksongs of 600 years also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Love and Sorrow ( 2010 )also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Silver Hook Tango ( 2003 )also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Fisherman's Daughter (1998 ) also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Mermaids In The WEll ( 1995 ) also Digitally available on Bandcamp
- Canberra Cork Calgary...live (2000) also Digitally availble on itunes
ORDER your CDS below Folks
Photos ©Claire Moody 2020
- VA PENSIERO Kavisha with La Voce Della Luna Italian Choir featuring Kavisha from the album "Luna Yarra" produced by Paul Petran -AS FEATURED IN Australian Filmmaker Aaron Wilson's 2021 accaimed FILM "LITTLE TORNADOES "
- AL GRASSBY'S Grandfather with Neil Adam,Judy Turner and Spanish band from the Asturias FELPEYU
- AMOUR from Love and Sorrow 2011
- ALL GODS BEGGARS from Silver Hook Tango 2003
- BELLA CIAO di Risaia with I Viaggiatori Italian Folk from Suitcase Serenada 2011
- EMPTY SKY CHANTS and SACRED SONGS session LIVE Aug 2020
- FISHERMAN'S DAUGHTER from Fisherman's Daughter 1998
- GECKO SONG from Love and Sorrow 2011
- INVISIBLE INDIVISIBLE from Mermaids In The Well 1995
- KINDNESS OF STRANGERS Xmas Carol 2016
- LOVE and JUSTICE Choir Women's Anthem with VICTORIAN WOMEN'S TRUST CHOIR 2008
- LOVESWING (Kabir) 2021
- LOVE I CALL YOUR NAME by Jarek Czecowicz from Empty Sky 2020
- NIGRA SUM from MARE PROFUNDO Kavisha ,Irine Vela and Richard Tedesco with Boite Millenium Chorus 2006
- PHILOSOPHY MAN live performance at Kidogo Arthouse Fremantle NOV 2021
- RITURNELLA from Riturnella Italian Folk songs 2014
- ROSE IN THE BONES from Silver Hook Tango 2003
- SHE MOVES THROUGH THE FAIR from Mermaids In The Well 1995
- SING FOR NO ONE from The Fearless Note 2017
- TO THE RIVER co written with Arnold Zable
- THE FEARLESS NOTE from The Fearless Note 2017
- VENEZUELA from Silver Hook Tango 2003
- VULUMBRELLA Italian Folk Song from Mermaids In The Well 1995
- WE ARE ANGELS from Mermaids In The Well 1995
- WEDDING SHEETS from Suitcase Serenata 2010
KAVISHA INTERVIEWS and live performance
Kavisha in an INTERVIEW with Patricia Hamilton of Concious Living TV NOV 2021
Kavisha with Suvas Agam from his Youtube Show SECRETS OF LIFE NEPAL NOV 2020
Kavisha and Franco Di Chiera INTERVIEW about the film The Joys Of The Women 2012
Kavisha wins ARIA AWARD for best World Music Album 1998
Kavisha Community Xmas play Jesus was a Middle Eastern Refugee 2012
Kavisha Community Xmas play Beggars Orchestra play Hava Nagila 2012